In the article, we read about some amazing facts about flowers. Flowers have fascinated us with the unique beauty and enticing scents. Different flowers possess unbelievable characteristics that are unknown to many of us. Lets us know some interesting facts.
Amazing Facts About Flowers
- In Seventeenth Century, Tulips had more worth than gold. Tulips lifespan is very short.
- Gas Plant or the Burning Bush, earned it’s name because it’s leathery green leaves, flowers and seed pods give off a strong lemon scented vapor which, on a summer night can be put on with a match.
- Angelica was used as a cure for everything from the bubonic plague to have digestion problems. They resemble celery in odor and appearance, angelica sometimes is known as wild celery.
- Flowers of bamboo are rarely seen. Some bamboo develop flowers after 65 or 120 years. Bamboo develops flower at the same time all over the world.
- Blue cohosh were used by Native American women to ensure the easy labor and childbirth.
- Albeit with dispute from some of the quaters, that the sunflower head track’s the sun’s movement, a process is known as heliotropism. The Sunflower head is made of many small flowers called florets.
- The Agave takes many years without flowering, after which it grows one single bloom and dies.This process is called being monocarpic.
- Moon flowers flower only at night, closes during the day. The Moon flower opens in the evening and ends through the night.
- Roses collate with the apples, raspberries, cherries, peaches, plums and almonds.
- The extract from bluebell flowers were used historically to make glues.
- Nicotiana is compared to tobacco, from which cigarettes are made.
- The lotus were called a sacred flower by ancient Egyptians and was used in burial rituals.