In this article, we read about benefits of house plants. Good health depends on more than diet and exercise. Without a doubt our environment affects our health too, and the right houseplant can actually make a big difference in our mood. A good looking plant is great, but a nice looking plant that quietly works its magic in the background on our health as one go about the regular routine is even better.
Benefits of House Plants
1. Spider Plant
- Spider plants are great removal of formaldehyde from the air.
- This is the stuff that comes from all sorts of things you bring into your home including paper bags, waxed papers, facial tissues, paper towels, napkins, particle board, plywood paneling and synthetic fabrics.
- In addition to formaldehyde, snake plants target the carbon monoxide and other poisonous air impurities as well.
2. Aloe Vera
- They are commercially sold as medicinal creams or ointments that say they contain aloe vera on their labels.
- Despite a lack of scientific evidence that aloe vera has the good healing properties, its always been used for thousands of years as a common natural remedy to relief irritated skin.
- Lavender is a flowering plant that has a very gentle and pleasant smell.
- Best known for its stress-relieving mental benefits, the fragrance of lavender is often used in spa products.
4. Snake Plant
- The snake plant is one of the most popular choices for improving indoor air quality.
- It actually converts carbon dioxide into oxygen as you sleep.
- Rosemary is an herb that is been used in folk medicine
6. Peace Lily
- Peace lilies will really compliment home decor in the summer when their beautiful white flowers are in full bloom.
- These are master of air pollutant removal – working hard to absorb ammonia, benzene, xylene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene throughout your home.