Hair removal has to be the most inconvenient and time-consuming beauty ritual we practice. We are relentless in our effort to achieve smooth, hairless skin all over our bodies. Here some Facts About Epilator.
Facts About Epilator
1: It’s super painful
- This is probably the most common misconception about epilators. Anyone who has waxed before knows that removing hair from the root is certainly no walk in the park – but beauty is a pain, right?
- But when you use the epilator regularly, fewer hairs grow back and therefore, the pain is reduced.
2: Your hair grows back thicker
- I’m not sure where this one came from, because any informed beauty would know that when you remove hair from the root, it grows back sparser than before.
- The epilator does just that – plucks hairs from the root to fully remove them.
3: You can’t use it in the shower
- A lot of women choose to use a razor for hair removal because it’s convenient to use in the shower.
- A common misconception about the epilator is that it doesn’t have the same convenience factor.
- Once again, this is totally false.
4: You can’t use it while you’re pregnant
- This is one of the weirder myths about epilators and it’s also totally false! Sure, you’re not supposed to eat soft cheese or drink alcohol when pregnant, but steering clear of epilating is TOTALLY unnecessary.
- When I asked Lotte if epilators are safe to use while pregnant, her answer was simple: “Yes!”
5: You can’t use it on your face or other sensitive areas
- Nope. Not true! These days, epilators have specific attachments for different parts of the body.
- It has a ‘delicate area’ cap for use on the bikini and underarm area, as well as an attachment to use on your face.
6: It causes ingrown hairs
- Well, guys, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but every hair removal method has the potential to cause ingrown hairs – it’s just one of the many beauty perils we must deal with.
- However, as long as you exfoliate the day before you epilate, you should be able to avoid any pesky ingrown!