This post will explain to you some important facts about shower head. There’s much to consider when switching it from a high-flow shower head to 2.0 GPM or the lower. While there are plenty of good options available, blindly choosing can lead to disappointment. It’s a good idea to do a little homework first.
Important Facts About Shower Head
1. Know the Flow.
- When shopping for shower heads, be sure to compare “apples to apples.”
- A 2.0 GPM shower head will not reproduce the flow rate of your old, 3.5 GPM shower head.
2. Know the Laws.
- Depending on where you live, retailers may sell shower heads with a maximum of 2.5 GPM, 2.0 GPM, or 1.8 GPM flow rate.
- Further, large retailers may only sell the lowest flows available to simplify product stocking and shipping requirements and comply with government regulations.
3. Know the Impact.
- One person who showers for 10 minutes per day with the 2.5 GPM shower head uses 9,125 gallons of water per year.
- Switching to a 2.0 GPM shower head saves 1,825 gallons of water and $25 per year in water and the energy costs.
- Those numbers jump to 7,300 gallons and $100 in savings for a family of four.
4. Know Technology.
- The shower heads have been specially engineered to increase water force and spray distance at 2.5 GPM, 2.0 GPM, or less.
- Akin to generating a stronger spray from your garden hose by holding your thumb over the water flow, patented can improve water force by more efficiently channeling water.
5. Know the Features.
- A lower flow rate doesn’t have to mean casual showers. Waterpik® shower heads deliver up to 2X the massage force of Moen, Delta, Peerless, and other leading retail shower heads.
- Unlike amplifying shower heads that spread and limit spray impact, shower heads maximize pulsation force and deliver bigger slugs of water for a deeper, muscle-penetrating massage.
Taking your showers from basic to blissful can be easy and satisfying when you’re in the know about flow rates and features. That will make narrowing your choice around the styles and finishes that work with your bathroom easier and far more satisfying. All that will be left is to start every day with the bliss-inducing, amazing showers you’ve been craving!