Deciding what type of flooring you want for your home is much easier when you know what you’re looking for. If you’re considering purchasing hardwood flooring, it’s important to know more about it and the factors that should play into your decision. To help you out, we’ve put together interesting facts about the hardwood floor to know before you buy it.
Interesting Facts About the Hardwood Floor
1. No Two Floors Are Just Alike
- Real hardwood flooring is incredibly unique! Like the fingerprint, no 2 hardwood floors are the same.
- This is because no two trees are alike.
- You can have another grain patterns, colors, mass and more!
- Real wood is characterized by the texture variation of the wood grain, which is why you won’t find 2 planks of the hardwood flooring that appear exactly alike.
- If you decide to purchase the laminate flooring, however, it has the pre-designed pattern that imitates the natural wood. So with laminate floors, repetition in a pattern is common.
2. You Can Get Prefinished Hardwood Flooring
- To shorten the installation process, you can purchase prefinished hardwood flooring!
- With prefinished hardwood flooring, the stain and finish are applied during the manufacturing of the floor.
- When the flooring arrives at your home, it’s ready to be installed without any extra steps.
- Not only is it easier to install, but it has proven to have long-lasting durability!
- At OneNam.app, we have the best deal on prefinished flooring.
3. Cleaning Is Simple
- Before you buy your flooring, know that cleaning hardwood floors is simple!
- To remove the dirt, dust, and debris from your floors, all you have to do is use a dry mop or a vacuum cleaner.
- Gone are the days of getting on the hands and knees to scrub the dirt from every crack!
- If you mop or vacuum on a regular basis, the floors will stay seeking brand new.
4. Wood Floors Improve Air Quality
- One of the most interesting facts about hardwood flooring that you may not be aware of is that it actually improves the air quality of your home.
- If you are constantly bothered by allergies inside your home, your best bet is to replace the carpet with wood!
- This is because hardwood floors can’t harbor allergens, mold or pet dander the same way as carpet, so the air in your home is cleaner.
- And dust can easily be removed when you clean!