If the sofa or mattress mentions the‘dry-clean only’, it is important that you follow these instructions to prevent damage to your furniture. While the heat and steam are associated with the dry cleaning, it may be harmful to the mattress, sofa and the fabric covering it. So we will tell you How is Sofa Dry Cleaned?
How is Sofa Dry Cleaned Method
1. Vacuum clean
- Then using the soft brush or the upholstery cleaning attachment of the vacuum cleaner, vacuum the sofa/mattress to remove as much the soil and dirt as possible.
- In the case of mattress dry cleaning, it is important that you use the vacuum to vacuum both sides of the mattress.
- Next use an upholstery cleaning product to spray any the dirty or stained areas on the mattress or sofa.
- Let it sit for some time, as per the instructions found on the package.
- In case there are still some spills, wipe it away using the white or light-colored absorbent towel.
- While these clothes are usually used on clothing, you can use them to clean the sofa or mattress.
- It is better to 1st try using the dry cleaning cloth on the corner of the sofa or the mattress fabric which is not visible to the naked eye to find out how the cloth affects the fabric.
- If the test corner works well, you can now use the clots to clean the entire sofa.
- Use as many clothes as you require to clean the entire sofa’s fabric surface and remove any soil that was not picked up by the dry cleaning cloths you had first used.
2. Air dry
- Use a clean white cloth to wipe the mattress of a sofa and then let the sofa/mattress air dry in a warm location.
- Let the sofa/mattress dry completely before using it.
- If needed, you can use a clean wet vac for soaking any excess water you find on the sofa/mattress.
- Placing a few fans around the mattress or the sofa supports the hasten the drying process.
- It is important that you do not use any steam or the heat on the sofa as it could create the mattress shrink, permanently discolor the fabric or leave the fabric permanently wrinkled.
3. Cleaning tips
- To empowers the mattress remains clean and fresh for a longer time, make it a point to change your sheets often and regularly vacuum the mattress.
- Even the mattress pad protects your mattress as it’s easy to wash a mattress pad in the washer than a clean the stain directly from the mattress.
- Make it a point to always clean stains on sofas and the mattresses as soon as possible for its easy removal and to prevent the stain from soaking into the mattress padding.
- Last, of all, it is always better to hire a professional dry-cleaning service for the complete and thorough mattress dry cleaning, sofa dry cleaning or upholstery dry cleaning.