This post explains How to Get Rid of Pests at Home. Cockroaches, ants, flies, bed bugs, spiders and the rodents, etc. are some of the most unwelcome guests (pests) at home that all of us want to get rid of. These home pests not only damage physical property but also cause serious health issues by spreading diseases.
While there are plenty of products available in the market for controlling the pests, natural pest control ways are the easiest, most cost-effective and safest bet.
How To Control Cockroaches At Home Using the Natural Pest Control Methods
Cockroaches multiply rapidly and are quite difficult to get rid of. There is a number of sprays and repellents for keeping cockroaches away. And exposure to such pesticides may also cause allergy and hypersensitivity.
- Bay leaves: These leaves can be used as the natural cockroach repellent and can be placed anywhere. Roaches cannot bear the smell of bay leaves. All just you need to do is crush the handful of bay leaves, powder them and place them in bowls at every corner of the kitchen.
- Boric acid and sugar: It’s an effective combination that can help you relieve from roaches naturally. Make your own bait at the home by mixing the boric acid and sugar in 3:1 proportion. This non-toxic mixture needs to be placed near the cockroach hiding spots.
- Lemon slices: the smell of lemon brings in freshness. Its powerful natural agent will keep roaches away. You can spray lemon juice to keep the home fresh or you can also make a paste of lemon peels and use.
How To Get Rid Of Ants At Home
When the kitchen gets sticky with sugar syrup, oil, etc. ants are the unwanted creatures that you see hanging out. Keeping the kitchen clean and foods in a tight container can help you reduce the impact of ant infestation.
- Vinegar and water: Ants can’t stand the smell of vinegar. Mix them in 1:1 proportion and fill it in a spray bottle. Use the spray to kill ants coming in through doors and windows.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice solution can act as an all-purpose organic spray to control many pests.
- Mint leaves: place mint leaves bags in the ant traffic areas to control them.
- Cucumber: cucumber slices and the peels can support you block the ants’ entry. Cucumber naturally stops ants in some of the cases.
Which Natural Mosquito Repellents to Use At Home
Early morning and evening are the peak hours when mosquitos enter our homes. Mosquitos carry and spread the life-threatening diseases as well. It’s important to keep your child away from mosquitos. Though there are many repellents available, their overuse is unhealthy.
- Neem Oil: It’s an organic mosquito repellent that supports keep mosquitos away. A mixture of neem oil and coconut oil can be used. Sallanin present in neem is effective and organic pest repellents that specifically control mosquitos. This natural oil extracted from the neem tree can be applied over your body to avoid mosquito bites.
- More flowers: planting more flowery plants like marigold, rosemary, lemon balm, and catnip repel mosquitos and also make the air fresh.
- Mosquito repellent candles: Using wax and essential oils you can make mosquito repellent candles that can help you get relief from mosquitos. Cove oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, etc can be used for making candles.
How To Get Rid Of Spiders (Pests) At Home
Spiders spread rapidly, making it difficult to control their infestation. Sometimes spiders can cause allergy when they bite. It requires to be controlled quickly by using the pest control measures. There are many natural methods to control spider population growth.
- Use peppermint: Spiders can’t just stand the smell of peppermint. The best way is to use peppermint essential oil in a spray bottle. Spray the solution around the windows and doors and the corners where you find spider nets.
- Lemon essential oil: Lemon and any citrus essential oil can be used as a spray. It will not kill a spider but keep them away from the house.
- Vinegar and coconut oil: Mixture of vinegar and coconut oil makes an effective organic repellent spray for spiders.
Make sure to keep the floors and counters clean at houses to avoid common pests! In addition, you can book a pest control service from OneNam on an annual basis to inspect your home and carry out treatments as required. and for more information about How to Get Rid of Pests at Home, please contact us.