In this, we will tell you about iPhone Maintenance Tips. Apple has been packing the iOS with new capabilities over the years. That’s not always a good thing, as the features you most want can get buried, and undesirable ones get enabled by default. But iOS has also lots of shortcuts and fine-grained controls that let you cut through the clutter and get quickly to what you want.
iPhone Maintenance Tips
A) Physical iPhone Maintenance Tips
1. Clean the Charging Port
- If you’re having a problem charging your phone, something as simple as a clogged Lightning port is often to blame.
- To dislodge the gunk, your 1st port of call should be a toothpick or the SIM removal tool that came with your phone.
- Take care to act very delicately. Make sure you don’t damage the contact points with over-zealous actions.
2. Clean the Speaker and Microphone
- Cleaning an iPhone’s speaker and microphone is important.
- Failure to do so can affect call quality, music playback, and the ability to control Siri.
- To start the cleaning process, grab a soft-bristled toothbrush and (very) gently rub it over the two openings to loosen the debris.
- Next, grab the tape and gently press it over the area to collect the dust and lift it away.
3. Clean the Headphone Jack
- If you own the iPhone 6s or earlier, your device still has a headphone jack.
- You should clean it out regularly to prevent the buildup of dust and fluff.
- To clean the headphone jack on an iPhone, use the same compressed air way as described earlier.
- A cotton swap can also prove useful. If you’re not having any luck with those, you can use the toothpick as a last resort.
B) iPhone Software Maintenance Tips
1. Manage the iPhone Battery
- Often, people’s biggest gripe with their smartphone is battery life.
- If you’re a heavy user, it’s a struggle to make the battery last all day.
- The situation only worsens as your battery ages.
2.. Create More iPhone Storage Space
- That storage fills up quickly if you take a lot of photos and receive constant messages from friends and family.
- You don’t want to hit your storage limit in the inopportune moment, leaving you unable to take photos or download the new apps.
- Therefore, it’s wise to spend some time pruning the phone’s information every now and again.
3. Back-Up Your Data
- It’s impossible to overemphasize the importance of backing up your data.