In today’s post, we plan to take one of those worries off your hands with our guide for selecting modular electrical products. We will be discussing the essential features that you should look for when buying the modular switches and sockets for your home. So, there are some tips for switches and sockets.
Some Important Tips for Switches and Sockets
1. High-Quality Materials:
- The first thing you should be looking at is the type of material that is used in making the switches and sockets.
- The RoHS standards dictate the use of environment-friendly materials in electrical products. So, looking out for that is one thing you can do.
- Furthermore, the modern electrical brands specialize in making fire retardant switches and sockets.
2. Customizations and Design Options:
- To keep the design flow of the interiors unique and impressive, you will require more than just a normal wall switch and socket.
- Once again, smart home brands today offer tons of customization options and choice of finishes in their electrical products.
- The Elements range alone is available in four unique designs and sixteen finishes to match your interior decor.
- So, pick and choose the modular electrical fittings that complement your home’s color scheme and wallpaper designs.
3. Connectivity Features:
- The next thing to look out for is the connectivity offered by the wall sockets.
- Nowadays, most of us have friends and family members living in other countries.
- Usually, when they come over for a visit, they have to carry or purchase, adapters and the extensions to plug-in their smartphones and the computers.
- Modern modular switches provide help for multiple pin-types and can be a huge relief from hassle for them.
- If you own the electrical equipment that was purchased online, then there is all the more reason for getting these new modular wall sockets for the home.
4. Child Safety:
- Electrical safety is a major concern for households with toddlers and young children.
- Modular switches offer better safety than conventional socket designs for children with retracting shutters which can automatically disconnect current flow when accidental leakage is detected.
- So, this one is a no brainer. Buy modular switches and the sockets which are rated for arc shielding and the child safety.
5. Easy Repairs and Replacement:
- In its current form, replacing faulty switches is full of hassles.
- Typically, the entire faceplate needs to be unscrewed, then the faulty switch is removed and replaced, and then the faceplate is put back in place.
- Often, removing the faceplate can peel off the wallpaper or paint around it, giving an unclean look to your carefully planned decor.
- New modular electrical switch and the sockets provide an easier solution.