This post explains tips on mirror care. Mirrors provide both function and aesthetic benefits. Small spaces become wide open spaces with proper placement. Mirrors refract light bringing natural light into home or office. Beautiful mirrors create a feeling of elegance and relaxation. In addition, we rely on mirrors daily from the moment we wake up until our bedtime routine.
Tips on Mirror Care
- Your mirror will provide years of service and beauty by following these care and maintenance of good practices.
- The safest cleaner for a mirror is clean, warm water applied with a soft cloth. Be careful not to allow the edges of the mirror to remain wet over a period of time.
- Do not use any acidic or alkali cleaners. They can attack the surface and edges as well as the backing of the mirror. Never use the abrasive cleaner on mirror surface.
- Do not use cleaners with heavy ammonia bases. These, too, can damage the mirror edges and backing and will result in a ruined mirror.
- Never spray cleaner directly on to the mirror. Instead, apply the cleaner to the soft cloth and then wipe mirror. This will prevent “puddling” at mirror edge where the cleaner could attack the backing.
- Always use soft, grit-free cloths when cleaning a mirror to reduce the chances of scratching the surface.
- Be sure to dry all joints and the edges to be certain no cleaner comes in contact with the edge and backing.
Keep your mirrors seeking like new with regular maintenance using the right products. Visit your local OneNam app for our recommended glass and mirror cleaner.
OneNam provides expert for mirror installation or residential and commercial glass replacement. The dedicated team will provide you the best advice regarding the residential, commercial & auto glass repair that meets your needs as well as your budget. Contact us for mirror or residential glass repair, replacement & installation services.