Whether it’s the sofa or a reclining chair, upholstered furniture shows the character to the home and become part of your daily routine of leaning back and winding down after a hard day at work. In some cases, a favorite upholstered piece of furniture becomes forever tied to an identity and cherished memories. There are some Tips to Maintain Upholstered Sofas.
Some Tips to Maintain Upholstered Sofas
1. Fluff Up Your Cushions
- Your cushions are sat on, jumped on (if you have hyperactive kids) and routinely flatten out because they are made of soft material.
- When the material loses its shape, the upholstery does too.
- So create it a point to fluff them up by slapping, prodding, and light punching so that they retain their original shape and offer the comfort for years to come.
- It only takes a few minutes and the returns are great.
2. Avoid the Direct Sunlight on Upholstered Sofas and Chairs
- When your upholstery is made up of fine fabrics, leather or leatherette, remember that direct sunlight will destroy your upholstery with prolonged exposure.
- The ultraviolet rays in sunlight work to deteriorate the condition and lifetime of your upholstery.
- A small exposure to the sun every now and then it is harmless, but do keep the favorite upholstered furniture out of harm’s method by drawing the blinds or placing them out of areas that receive direct sunlight.
3. Flip Your Upholstery Cushions Over
- You should regularly flip the upholstered cushions depending on the frequency of their use.
- You will find that the upholstery will wear out evenly and the cushions will maintain their shape for longer.
- Do pay particular attention to the center cushions on three-seat upholstered sofas.
- The center seat is typically avoided by people – they’d rather sit on the side next to the armrest.
4. Invest in the Stain Protection Products for the Upholstery
- Ask the furniture seller and professional upholstery cleaners about the nature and material of the upholstery and the stain protectors best suited to it.
- Professionally applied the stain protection supports to create the upholstery easier to clean because they offer the slick extra layer between the upholstery and the materials which can potentially stain it.
- Such stain protectors will assist in slowing down damage from the ultraviolet rays in sunlight.
Taking care of upholstered furniture, sofas, and the chairs, need not be a chore and need not be complicated. Make sure you follow the tips we recommended above to get the most out of your upholstered furniture. For more information, or you are facing any problems with your Sofa or you want to replace it please contact us.